Sunday 23 March 2014

Welcome to Positively Packwood

Hello and a hearty welcome to all who have found themselves here! Readers of my other blogs may have picked up on the sub bass rumblings of something new happening in my life. It’s true I have fallen in love, in fact several times over, during the last few weeks.

And what is the object of my affections, what could cause a 30 year old newly wed to go weak at the knees again so soon? Well my darlings it is Packwood House.

I have begun my journey with The National Trust and with this building as a volunteer and consider myself both incredibly lucky and astonishingly proud to be amongst such a special group of people as those found at Packwood.

Starting this blog is two fold, as a writer I want to chronicle my experiences as a volunteer at Packwood and hopefully encourage others to do the same in their local special places. I also want to encourage more people to come to Packwood, I have taken this place to my heart so immediately and want (in the best way I know how – writing) to be a part of its exciting new growth phase.

This special place has hidden its glorious light under a bushel for too long (mostly due to a criminal lack of tea and cake facilities) but this is no longer the case! Three cheers for the New Café!

As someone who spends a great deal of time checking places out before visiting, I like to think this little blog will not only give you the facts and figures of ‘what’s on’ and ‘what’s here’ but give you a real sense of the ever evolving, gently transitioning, season to season changes within the house and gardens.

You can look forward to reading more about the volunteer process and experience, nosing at some beautiful photos (feel free to contribute your own via our Twitter @VolunteerJessie of course you will be fully credited) along with news from the garden, volunteer’s favourite spaces and conservation work currently being carried out at Packwood.


Of course I’d love it if you read my words and it captures your mind but really what you have to do is come visit and let the energy of Packwood capture your soul, while the passionate and knowledgeable volunteers capture your heart…but then I’m biased! When in doubt remember there is now cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment