Tuesday 20 May 2014

A picture speaks a thousand words...

Hello and greetings my lovely Positively Packwood friends! I shall say it in the most hushed of tones for fear that I will jinx the weather permanently but might it really be time to pack away tights for a few months? Oh joy oh rapture!

Packwood House was looking very much like the best place to be on a sunny day for most of this week. I made an extra visit on Thursday as on a Sunday I'm too busy, well, room guiding and talking to you lovely lot to get outside and take photos.

The saying 'A picture speaks a thousands words' has never been more apt. I bloomin' love this place (not new information!) and can extol it's every virtue to you on a weekly basis with ease but the following really do say everything I could tell you. Together with the happy faces of all the visitors I met on Sunday I can confirm Packwood is THE place to be on a sunny day...Here's to many more!


























Next week is the opening of our new 'Packwood Follies' a series of art installations by artist Hilary Jack. I'm really excited to bring you more news of that next weekend along with some 'hopefully' **prays for dry weather** pictures! 

To celebrate the opening, visitors to Packwood on Saturday (24th May 2014) can enjoy all the usual Packwood delights with additional storytelling, poetry and more fun activities throughout the day. The National Trust is also holding a wildlife drawing competition for children so this might be a good opportunity to get out and be involved with that. 

After seeing these pictures I'm sure you'll agree Packwood is too good to miss! 

No comments:

Post a Comment